There are many options for those wanting to soften lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging on the face. Two of the most popular choices seem to be Restylane or Juvéderm. There does not seem to be a major difference in the results of each option for dermal filler, but there are some factors worth considering between the two. Read on to learn more about these filler formulations and which one is best for you.
Restylane fillers are hyaluronic acid-based fillers designed to reduce the signs of aging in many areas of the face. When injected, hyaluronic acid fillers can create hydrated, firm, and youthful-looking skin.
The Restylane family of products includes:
- Restylane: Formulated to add volume and fullness to diminish moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. It can also be used to enhance the lips.
- Restylane Kysse: The first lip filler created with XpresHAn Technology for natural-looking volume and flexible movement.
- Restylane Silk: Designed to augment the lips and smooth wrinkles around the mouth.
- Restylane Lyft: Adds fullness to the cheeks and hands for a smoother, more youthful appearance.
- Restylane Refyne: Softens laugh lines including nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
- Restylane Defyne: Smooths deep laugh lines such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines, as well as adds projection to the chin.
- Restylane Contour: Formulated to add natural-looking definition to the cheeks.
The Juvéderm family of products is composed of a formula of hyaluronic acid that is smooth, gel-like, and diffuses easily. These fillers have a range of applications, including reducing signs of aging and creating a more symmetrical facial appearance.
Juvéderm products are available in several formulas, including:
- Juvéderm Voluma XC: Designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to provide contour and lift to the cheek area and definition to the chin. .
- Juvéderm XC: Smooths lines and wrinkles in the face, as well as increase lip volume.
- Juvéderm Vollure XC: Created to smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including nasolabial folds.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC: Temporarily adds fullness to and plumps the lips.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC: Created for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and the correction of vertical lip lines.
Dermal Fillers in Glenview, IL
Both Restylane and Juvéderm are formulated with the highest standards in the cosmetic industry for both purity and efficacy. However, each formulation is ideal for treating specific aging and skin concerns.
If you are considering Restylane or Juvéderm, see Dr. Damstetter at Reserve Dermatology and Aesthetics in Glenview, or call or contact us online today to schedule an appointment.